And if you somehow missed it, read about it HERE.
The fifth book in Michael Abayomi’s epic fantasy series is out – The Passage. Congratulations, Michael!
Siv Ottem and Roland Yeomans have short stories in the anthology, Open Doors: Fractured Fairy Tales. The publisher states: “A socially conscious press, Wayman is dedicated to helping those in need. Much of the profit from this anthology will be donated to Primary Children's Hospital in the form of Christmas gifts we'll bring to the long-term patients staying there.” Congratulations Siv and Roland – and what an awesome cause!
Howling Wolf Records.
Yes, THE Chris Sarandon of Fright Night and The Princess Bride fame! So go check it out.
Marta Szemik’s next book in the Two Halves series was just released, Evil-Bent. Congratulations, Marta!
Lynda R. Young’s short story titled Birthright, published by J. Taylor Publishing in the Make Believe anthology, launched TODAY! Make Believe is currently available in e-book format and includes Paranormal Romance and Fantasy stories inspired by the image on the cover. Congratulations, Lynda!
Birthright by Lynda R. Young
Christa can mask the pain and hide the scars, but running from a birthright is impossible.
She’s tried to escape her grief by fleeing to a small town in Florida. Much to her frustration, the locals think they recognize her even though she's never been there before. To make things worse, a man named Jack spouts outrageous theories about her.
Both spur Christa to bolt, to start fresh yet again, but there’s something about Jack that intrigues her enough to stay. The only problem? Someone else wants her to leave, and they won’t stop until she’s dead.
Lynda R. Young lives in Sydney, Australia, with her sweetheart of a husband who is her rock, and a cat who believes world domination starts in the home. She writes speculative short stories and is currently writing novels for young adults. In her spare time she also dabbles in photography and all things creative. You can find her here: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads
Purchase Make Believe: J Taylor Publishing, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Lynda, way to go! You are an amazing writer and dear friend and I couldn’t be more excited for you.
Now available – Chaste by Angela Felsted!
When he steps into his physics class on the first day of senior year, Quinn Walker is too exhausted from staying up all night with his three-month-old nephew to deal with moral dilemmas. As a devout Mormon who has vowed to wait until marriage for sex, the last thing he needs is a very hot and very sexy Katarina Jackson as his physics partner. Regrettably, he has no choice.
Kat feels invisible in her mansion of a home six months after losing her older brother in a fatal car crash and will do anything to get her parents? attention. Since her pastor father has no love for Quinn?s ?fake? religion and her ex-boyfriend refuses to leave her alone, she makes an impulsive bet with her friends to seduce her holier-than-thou lab partner by Christmas.
Angela Felsted is a Northern Virginia native who is overly fond of Olive Garden and Red Lobster. She grew up in a faithful Mormon home with three brothers and one sister where she learned to stand up for herself by tickling her attackers until they broke out into laughing fits. Her work has appeared in issue fifteen of Drown in Your Own Fears, Chanterelle's Notebook and Vine Leaves Literary Journal. Her chapbook, Cleave, was published by finishing line press in 2012.
Find Angela here: Blog, Twitter, and Goodreads
Purchase Chaste at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
View the trailer on YouTube.
Hosted by Emily R King and Tammy Theriault.
We are to answer these questions or David Spade loses his Christmas bonus:
1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten? Two. I’ve been REALLY lucky!
2. Can you pitch a tent? Is that like pitching a story? No? Then no would be my answer.
3. What was your worst vacation ever? Anything involving the woods and tents. That’s what four-star hotels are for.
4. What was the last thing you bought over $100? You really want to know? Splurged this past weekend and purchased a Gibson Les Paul guitar. Yeah, just a little over $100…
6. What was the last meal cooked that made even you sick? Twenty-five years ago – it involved Tuna Helper. I’ll never touch the stuff again.
7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like John Goodman in a bikini!
8. What was your first car? A two-door Ford something. One of those crap cars you drive when you’re sixteen.
9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first? My best friend is my wife – if I laugh, I’ll never be allowed in the house again!
10. What's the worst song ever? Wham’s Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. No explanation needed.
Visit Emily or Tammy for a list of participants or to join us.
Did you finally see the article at Curiosity Quills? Ready for Wednesday’s IWSG? Picking up either Lynda or Angela’s books? And you are…?