It’s today! Time to share YOUR ten favorite TV programs, old or new. Please visit others who have signed up for the blogfest today – I bet you find a TV treasure you’d long since forgotten about… And now, my Top 10 TV Shows (in no particular order) celebrating the endless hours I’ve spent in front of the idiot box and watching Hulu and NetFlix…
1. Firefly - A brilliant cast, crisp dialogue and great stories made this one of my favs. Fox royally screwed up when they didn't give this show a chance to establish an audience.
2. Stargate SG1/Stargate Atlantis - I am such an unabashed fanboy that I could spend paragraphs gushing over how much I love these two great series. (Don't get me started on the craptacular Stargate Universe. I’m not sure even McKay and Woosley’s guest appearances will save it.)
3. MASH - Simply put, the best sitcom ever. (Sorry Seinfeld.) Just as funny and biting today as it was 36 years ago.
4. Mystery Science Theater 3000 - If I were putting these in order this would be my number one show. If laughter is the best medicine than everyone should have at least two doses of this hilarious show every week.
5. All Star Treks (Original, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) - I've seen every episode, multiple times and I look forward to many more repeat viewings.
6. The X-Files - "Spooky" Mulder and Dana Scully had me from the very first episode. Not even a questionable last season can erase my respect for this show.
7. CSI - The original is still the best (even without the great William Petersen). The formula definitely works and keeps me coming back every week.
8. The Wild, Wild West - When I was a kid, I wanted to be James West. I still want to be James West.
9. Eureka - This is such a fun and entertaining show that I just had to include it. Can I be James West and live in Eureka?
10. The Big Bang Theory - I thought the sitcom was just about dead when this hilarious show came out. Full of great geek references, this quickly became a fav of mine.
Bonus Show, because I can! 11. Burn Notice - His name is Michael Weston. he used to be a spy until...he got a burn notice. This fun show that takes you inside the world of covert ops and includes one of my all time favorites, Bruce Campbell. Big thanks to those who promoted this event and/or participated today – you guys rock!!!