Riff Trax Live!
Worth every penny! (That’s Bill and Kevin in the photo.)
For those who wonder – what is RiffTrax? – here is the skinny:
If RiffTrax comes near you, go!!
Five Tips For Writing A Series by Joy Campbell
I stumbled into writing this series because of a quirky secondary character with an interesting history. The books in the Island Adventure Romance Series are a combination of action, adventure and romance and can be read in any order. I've enjoyed writing these stories that have been described as well-written and compelling, with vibrant characters.
What are some important considerations when writing a series?
1. Compelling Characters - Create unique characters that readers will remember long after they finish reading. This can be done through character traits, interesting quirks or personal habits.
2. Meaningful Journeys - Give your characters goals that make their risk taking worthwhile. Their journey must result in growth at the end of the novel.
3. Unique Challenges - Each main character should be given a set of challenges that make their story distinct.
4. Return Visits - Readers like to catch up with characters from other books, so arrange little drop-ins to keep your fans updated on their favourite individuals.
5. Diminishing returns - Know when you hit the point where it's time to close a series. Don't get caught up in making money and forget good sense. Start a new book or series when there are no stories left to tell in the current one.
You may enter to win a ten dollar ($10.00) Amazon voucher or an e-copy of the entire Island Adventure Romance collection on the Rafflecopter HERE.
J.L. Campbell lives in Jamaica and writes romantic suspense, women's fiction and young adult novels. She also writes non-fiction and is a certified editor. Visit her website or her Amazon page. She's enjoys good company, so feel free to follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Who’s Your Hero Blogfest
I have many heroes.
My wife, who continues to prod me when I want to give up. My parents, who set such a great example of a solid marriage. My blogger friends, who’ve accomplished some amazing things. The IWSG Admins and A to Z Challenge Co-Hosts, who tackle their responsibilities with gusto.
And of course my greatest hero, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I’m grateful to have a relationship with someone who was willing to die for me despite my imperfection. He’s my peace and steadfast rock. I’ll always fall short, but fortunately He always forgives me.
Who is your hero?
Foodie Blog Hop
She is celebrating the end of her tour with her cookbooks and wanted us to post about food. I could go on about how much I dig Thai food or post my favorite Chinese recipe, but I thought I’d just let you know what Mini-Alex Likes best:
And the winner of the Trick or Treat Bloghop is… Christine Rains!
Charity Bradford has started a Kickstarter campaign for her next book.
I've decided to self-publish my latest novel FADE INTO ME. This book really highlights my growth as a writer. It's also the first book where I feel I let myself "out of the box." Before I send this book into the world, I want to make sure it's the best it can be. This means hiring a professional editor and typesetter. I'm not here to ask you to back me, but can you help me spread the word about my Kickstarter project? Finding people interested in this story is what will make the difference.
To donate, go HERE
Find it pn Amazon,Amazon UK, and Goodreads
How I Miss You Blogfest!
It’s that time of year again! Hosted by Andrew Leon, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and Matthew MacNish
The bloggers you miss and the ones you would miss.
List one to three bloggers you really miss.
List one to three bloggers you would really miss if they stopped blogging.
And then go let them know!
Join us November 24!
Who wants to go see RiffTrax now? Ready to write a series? Who is your hero? Favorite food? And what bloggers do you miss…?
Don’t forget Wednesday is Insecure Writer’s Support Group post day!