This month I’m featuring some cool Christmas ideas! This one is for my followers who are parents (God Bless you!) – a charming new children’s book called Sofia’s Dream by Land Wilson. Why is this an excellent choice for Christmas? I’ll let the author’s daughters explain…
Anyone who reads sci-fi knows there are plenty of books in which the hero has left Planet Earth because humans have destroyed her. That explains why we’re writing about a kid lit book called Sofia’s Dream, in which a little girl visits the Moon and after seeing the planet from the Moon’s point of view, is inspired to do what she can to protect the world. We asked author, Land Wilson’s daughter (whose best little friend IS the Sofia in the title) to tell us why we should all buy the book. Between giggles, here’s what the girls have to say:
Ten Reasons You Should Buy Sofia's Dream:
10.Because my Dad wrote it!
9. Because it has an important message for everybody!
8. Because we like the pictures!
7. Because it will make you smarter! (giggle)
6. Because the Moon will be glad you read about him!
5. Because Sofia is my best friend! (more giggles)
4. Because dreaming can be fun!
3. Because it will help the Earth!
2. Because astronauts think it is important to us!
1. Because it would make my Dad very happy if you buy the book!
Here’s a picture of the two giggly girls. How can you resist that?
There’s something else to make all you readers smile. We have a drawing for the book so leave your name and email in a comment here.
There is also a special drawing for an iPod shuffle so you can listen to the original songs Little Pickle Press has for their books at iTunes. Click over to the Little Pickle Press blog and sign up for that contest there.
The Little Pickle Press website is at Little Pickle Press and you can follow them at Twitter, too, [@LPP_Media] for all the latest news about their environmentally conscious children’s literature and other media.
And just for the record, I was not involved in the giggling. Captain Ninja Alex does NOT giggle!